Making your event go smoothly is a top priority for your rental company. The more information you can give them up front the better. This will help get you the most accurate quote possible and make the event set up and break down go off without a hitch.
If you are just getting started in the planning process you might not know all the answers to the questions on the below questionnaire and that’s ok. These questions will help you get a clear picture of what you will need and what you need to think about.
Some important things to think about are how many people will be invited, venue rules about deliveries/pickups, lighting available and noise policies.
It may seem like there are a lot of questions about set-up, but they can be broken down into a few categories of items that need to be discussed.
- Time frame
- Is there flexibility with set up or does it have to occur on a certain day or within a certain time frame?
- When does your event set up start and when does the event actually start?
- What kind of access will be available?
- What size is the space?
- Are there any aspects of the space that may need to be addressed (trees, uneven ground, low ceilings, etc.)?
- Equipment to be set up
- Some items require special knowledge to set up and will be installed by your rental company. Things such as tables and chairs may be dropped off for you to set up. If you want certain things set up, make sure you communicate that with your rental company early. Also, be aware that some set ups may come with fees. Make sure to ask about any additional costs.
- Where in your space are things to be installed?
Take Down Questions
There are a few really important pieces of information to coordinate and questions to ask about take down. They are
- How should the equipment be left for pick up (i.e. dishes scraped, chairs stacked, etc.)
- Who is responsible for the take down of the equipment?
- Make sure if there are specific parameters for take down that you communicate them early.
- When does your event end.
You may not have all the answers when you first contact a rental company but make sure you get as much information together as soon after contacting companies so that you are looking at accurate quotes and can be comfortable with the company you hire.